Monday, November 2, 2009

So Thankful

Today was a stay at home day. No pictures today. I should have though...I made a chore chart for Emma and gave it to her for the first time today. It was precious. She has 3 chores every day: make her bed, pick up her toys, and the third one changes each day. Today it was to dust. There is not a speck of dust left in my house. She dusted every piece of furniture, the walls and tried to dust Harley. She loved it. Nathan even went and got a sock ( a clean, good one, but it's the thought that counts) and put it on his hand and started wiping off all the tables. I love that boy! Emma flipped her chart and pretty much did her whole weeks worth of chores in one day. I hope this enthusiasm lasts! I am going to have to come up with more ideas. Yeah for me...maybe there is hope for a clean house before they leave for college!

Tonight God gave me a chance to truly be thankful for everything in my life. I attended a rosary (prayer service) for a friend who is struggling with cancer. She has been battling it for two years and is currently on her last chance chemo. She is an amazing woman who is always smiling. I was blown away the last time I saw her...she was so beautiful. Several women were there praying for her tonight. We were praying over a prayer blanket. I wish I'd taken a picture of all our hands holding the blanket, tying the knots.
Anyway, praying for someone who is having to accept that God is calling them home is ....well, alot of things I guess.--Hard. Humbling. Beautiful. A Reality check. It made me thankful for my life...every bit of it. I am so thankful that I got to clean up spilled milk at least twice today. That I never got to work on my list of things to get done because I ended up playing "hide the pumpkin" and going outside to look for signs of fall with Emma and Nathan. That Nathan woke up early from a nap...so he and I got to spend some sweet one on one time together playing. That I have a wonderful husband who fed, bathed and put my kids to bed...and did dishes, so I could go pray tonight! Thank you, God, for my life!

No comments: