Sunday, November 1, 2009

Today, Sunday November 1, was such a great day! I started the day going to S.S. with Emma. I am teaching her class and so far it's been great!! I love being in there with her!
It was All Saints Day, and she had to dress up like a saint. She dressed up as Mary. She looked so cute. I think she loved carrying her babydoll most of all. This afternoon we all sat around the kitchen table and painted fall trees to hang in the kitchen. We had so much fun. Again, it was neat seeing everyone's personalities coming through in their paintings. Emma had her own technique, but her tree was very neat...all colors grouped together...a group of red leaves, a group of brown, etc. Nathan tried to mimic my technique (I am using the word technique, but that sounds much fancier than it really was. we were sponge painting!) I was amazed, and his painting looked great. He even drew straight lines for the trunk and branches. Gary's tree came out the "best"...he added lots of details. He reminded me that he HAD won first place at the State Fair for watercolor when he was in H.S.....I reminded him that I had a two year old in my lap when I painted my tree.
After painting, we went outside and played in the yard. Man, what a beautiful day!


I hope they are always this close!
Yes, Emma IS dressing herself these days. Why do you ask?





Emma was in a quiet mood today.

Going places.


No comments: