Saturday, July 30, 2011

Independence Day


I've seen fireworks over the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and sitting on the lawn of our Nation's Capitol Building. I've seen them over several Texas lakes, with the Colorado Rockies in the background, and from my own roof. But never, in all my life, have I seen fireworks like I saw last night.
We went to the Coppell Fourth Celebration. Coppell does it up right. After a great afternoon of facepainting, bounce houses, train rides and kettle corn (okay, yes... and lots of sweating, heat, cussing in our heads about the heat, two much of this yummy rootbeer Gary found, and more sweating), we settled down to watch the fireworks. We had a perfect spot, right on the edge of the pond/lake. The fireworks were great for small town Coppell...they lasted for a good 30 minutes. But all that is not what made it so great.




 My little firecracker at breakfast.


 Train ride with Daddy.

Nathan on the BIG slide.


This was the first time Emma and Nathan had ever seen fireworks. I actually sat on the blanket in front of them, with my back to the fireworks, my eyes fixed on theirs, for a good part of the show. Words can not express all the questions, wonder, joy, excitement...and even a little fear....I saw reflected in their eyes and on their faces.


. Emma kept her ears covered for the first 10 minutes.

Started clapping, then just froze.

I will never forget our first fireworks!!


























No comments: